Folks in Arizona are so excited about the B’ney Yosef National Shabbat that they can’t contain it in one single day! Living Messiah Ministries in Mesa, AZ, is hosting an Erev Shabbat gathering on Friday, March 25 (which includes an original puppet play created for Purim this year), and a National Shabbat observance on Saturday, March 26. Here are the details:
March 25 – 26, 2016
You are invited to join us for a National Shabbat weekend. Come and meet others that will be joining us from surrounding states and the land of Israel.
- Erev Shabbat (Friday Evening, March 25)
– 6:30 – 9:00 pm: Blessing Banquet & Esther Story Puppet Presentation
– This meal is provided by Living Messiah Ministries
– Friday’s meal will be taco / salad bar + desserts
– Suggested donation is $10 per adult, $5 per child (age 6-13)
- Shabbat – Gathering Together (Saturday, March 26)
– 12:00 Lunch – Bring a Fruit, Potato, Pasta or Green Salad to Share
– 12:45 – 2:45 – Relationship Building
– 3:00 – 4:00 – Praise and Worship – Kerry Alexander and Jubilation Band
– 4:00 – 5:00 – Ephraim and Rimona Frank
– 5:00 – 8:00 pm – Oneg (Share a Meal) and Fellowship
© Albert J. McCarn and The Barking Fox Blog, 2015-2016. Permission to use and/or duplicate original material on The Barking Fox Blog is granted, provided that full and clear credit is given to Albert J. McCarn and The Barking Fox Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
The National Shabbat movement arrived in the Lone Star State through a gathering of about 100 people on March 19 at Fischer Park in the city of New Braunfels. As with National Shabbats in Georgia and South Carolina, some participants traveled many hours to get there, coming from as far away as Sabine Pass on the Louisiana border, Wichita Falls near the Oklahoma border, Arlington in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area, and Corpus Christi on the Gulf Coast. Most of those assembled in New Braunfels came from around Austin (Georgetown, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Kyle) and San Antonio (Boerne, Converse, Poteet, Adkins, Floresville), with a significant number from the Houston area (Katy, Sugarland, Pasadena). Please click here to continue reading
Here is the latest on the much-anticipated B’Ney Yosef Region 35 Conference in Denton, TX. If you have not yet visited the website, here’s an opportunity to check it out. And while you’re there, register for the conference!